OMG Food!

Soup's on, folks! I'm Tina M. Courtney, aka PoetKitty -- a Los Angeles based food writer audacious enough to think I can critique all manner of eateries. It's a labor of love, and I'm honored to welcome you. Grab a fork and let's get this party started.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Crossing the Bridge



Bridge
755 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
7.22.06 - Friday, 10:30 PM
Myself + 2 guests (Out of towners)


My Miami peeps want more LA action, cocktail style, so it seemed high-time I eyeball the oft-reveled at interior of The Bridge Restaurant. Owned by the group responsible for Koi, Bridge is located just across the street from this Hollywood mecca, and as such, a shoo-in for the same it-crowd. We got there at 10:30 on a Saturday, and I expected a mob scene. Close, but not so much.

The first big annoyance was Mr. Man guarding the door. He was a finely dressed yet surly gentleman that demanded to know if we had reservations. I said we just wanted to hit the bar (which was clearly not full) - he pondered this a moment, rather wondering if we were worthy, or just making a show of his authority - whatever the reason, it was lame. Of course he let us in. But honestly, what's with the attitude? It makes me shun my lovely little city - but I know better than to judge the metropolis on one snotty doorman.

Once inside, I must say, we couldn't help a round of oooh's and ahhh's. The space is outlandishly elegant. Huge, golden-glowing chandeliers, dark wood tables and chairs, and just an ambiance that made you feel warm, fuzzy, and decadent. The bar area, at the front of the restaurant, was a lot more understated but still grand and lovely. The very hot bartender took care of us immediately, and we sipped our over-priced drinks and eyeballed the wanna-be's. No rich and famous folks here, just the crowd that likes to pretend they are. And a nice handful of real peeps too - I liked the vibe a lot. I could be comfortable having a cocktail here on a regular basis if the valet wasn't so annoying (but I found street parking - GO ME!) and if the doorman didn't make me feel unwelcome.


BAR REPORT CARD

Ambiance - A-
Staff/Service - C
Wine/Drinks - B-
Value - C+
Vibe/Energy/Scene - A-
Overall Experience - B-

Final word - If you're husband-shopping, into being seen, or like a grand venue, Bridge is a fab place for a cocktail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home