OMG Food!

Soup's on, folks! I'm Tina M. Courtney, aka PoetKitty -- a Los Angeles based food writer audacious enough to think I can critique all manner of eateries. It's a labor of love, and I'm honored to welcome you. Grab a fork and let's get this party started.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Say It With Me Now - Potato Fritatta



Eggs and tators belong together, baby. The Irish girl in me hears this duo and flat out swoons. So when I'm hungry for comfort, and yet I'd like a little chic-y flair, this is a bueno ideo.

Here's how to make the magic:

8 eggs
Pinch of salt
Wee bit o' milk (whatever fat content you prefer)
Dash o' pepper

Whisk all this yumminess together and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1 bunch scallions
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes

Heat the oil in a 9 inch heavy skillet at medium high heat - don't let it get smoky. Add scallions and garlic - saute for about a minute (let 'em brown just a smidge). Add potatoes and cook for about 4 minutes, turning once.

Pour in the egg mixture, cover, and place in over for about 16 minutes, until the eggs are set.

Let cool for about 2 minutes, than loosen the sides with a fork, place a plate beneath, flip, slice, serve, eat, love.

I added some hot sauce for a punchy fun kick, but that's certainly not required. I also took a head of escarole, chopped it up with dried red chills and garlic, sauteed in olive oil for 6 minutes, and made that my veggie side. This, my friends, is an Irish-inspired throw down. Comfort, health, and spice.
Bon appetit!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home