OMG Food!

Soup's on, folks! I'm Tina M. Courtney, aka PoetKitty -- a Los Angeles based food writer audacious enough to think I can critique all manner of eateries. It's a labor of love, and I'm honored to welcome you. Grab a fork and let's get this party started.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Signature Dishes - Chef Ron Suhanosky's Bolognese


Picture from http://www.nantucketfoodandwine.com

I love surfing around the web, falling upon food creations I can almost taste across the virtual miles. So arrives a dish so rich and meaty, I think I gained weight just gazing at its picture. Today's signature dish comes from Chef Ron Suhanosky from the Nantucket restaurant Sfoglia Trattoria. It's a traditional Bolognese, and from the looks of it, this dish has a black belt in some butt-kicking martial art. Oh. Yes. This looks good. And I'm not even much of a meat eater, but my philosophy on the matter - if you've going to go Italian, baby, don't do it half-ass.

Chef Suhanosky isn't afraid of being hearty. His recipe for this rustic dish includes a full 5 pounds of meat (fear not, it's not single-serve ;) ), including a pound of chicken liver. Toss in the addition of 5 cloves of garlic (one for each pound!) and a cup of heavy cream, and by god, you have yourself a meal.

I've never been to Nantucket. Now I have a reason to.

Read more of the Kitty.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 10, 05:33:00 PM, Blogger Erin S. said…

    Just found your site via comment on la.foodblogging--I read your reviews on chowhound regularly and appreciate all your updates. Looking forward to reading your blog.

     
  • At Thu Aug 10, 05:51:00 PM, Blogger PoetKitty said…

    Erin S! Thank you so much - I'm a fan of yours as well. In fact, I'm adding a link to your blog on my fav list right now. Blessings for stopping by and the comment :)

    kitty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home